Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have to install a HDX7000-1800p, and  between the camera and codec are 18 meters away, 2-inch pipe and the pipe is not straight has a lowered ceiling to wall, where it will be install the camera and another roof to wall rack, to codec.

What is the  POLYCOM cable installation, we need to connect the camera to the codec?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not sure of the question but let me see if I can guess.

The cable between an EagleEye camera and the HDX codec is an HDCI cable which has a number of signals running through it. The video is YPbPr, and the control, power and IR are also present.

The analog HDCI cables include cable of 50’ and 100’, which at 18m the 50’ is probably too short. So the 100’ would have to be used, but with only a 2” pipe I doubt you could get the HDCI connector all the way through it. When using either of these 2 cables from

Polycom you will need to use the power supply at the camera, it is part of the cable kit for those cables.

An alternative is to use the breakout cables at the camera and the codec that break out the video into BNC connectors and the control signals into the DB9 connector. You could then run the appropriate cables to support your installation.

There are also camera extenders from Vaddio and SoundControl that would allow you to extend the video and control over twisted pair cabling. You should reach out to them for specifics on their solutions.

Anytime you use a solution other than and HDCI cable under the 10m you will need the power supply at the camera.

HP Recommended

BTW, that is assuming the camera being used is either the EagleEye HD, EagleEye II or EagleEye III.  Not the EagleEye 1080 camera which was OEM'd from Sony.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.