Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are to have a Polycom RPG 500 installed in one of our rooms and our AV installer has come back saying there is an issue taking the audio from the system to route it to an external AV room system. The room AV system is an Extron DPT Crosspoint 84.

This is what the installer said:

There is an issue with using the Polycom Realpresence500 as we cannot de-embed the audio to route through the AV system.  The output is a proprietary Polycom output and cannot be changed to any other format.

I just want to check if this is the case. There is a 3.5mm audio output on the back and I didn't think there would be any issue with routing this audio to any AV system.

Thanks for your help,

Dermot

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You are right, there is not any problem to route audio from 3.5 мм output jack to compatible external AV equipment. AFAIK DPT Crosspoint 84 has analog line inputs, so connection is possible ...    

HP Recommended

That's what I thought. The installer has come back this morning and said they will install the HDX8000 at no additional cost. Can't argue with that.

Thanks for your reply.

Dermot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.