Occasional Visitor

Polycom Group 500 with 6.1 firmware update.

We just upgraded our Polycom Group  500 with the latest firmware update to enable SFB. we have a o365 resouce object that is signed into the polycom unit that we use. users creat meetings with this object,  when a user create a meeting with the resouce object. Its some how wakes up the tv and it disturbes the users in the meeting room. Is there away to create meeting private so if i am in a board room when the tv wakes up it doesn't show the users what the subject isin the meeting room.  I have 8 other sites and this doesn't happen.

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Group 500 with 6.1 firmware update.

Hello Associated,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this a Skype for Business Online setup ?

If yes:

Oct 10, 2016 Question:Does the RealPresence Group system support Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015, or Lync 2013 Server?

Explanation:The Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365 features included in this version of RealPresence Group Series version 6.x.0 are currently undergoing Microsoft interoperability testing. As required by Microsoft, the Office 365 online mode will not be available until Microsoft has completed their testing.

Polycom will make an announcement once testing is complete and RealPresence Group Series is certified. At that time, you will be able to register with Skype for Business Online as part of Office 365.

Utilizing a GroupSeries in Skype for Business Online mode will require a PolycomTouch control

Please work with your Polycom reseller to join the Polycom TAP program

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.