Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have an Telepresence endpoint Polycom HDX8000, details are shown below:

Serial Number: 8212510F8804CG

Software Version: Release - 3.1.2-35267

MAC Address: 00:E0:DB:0F:88:04

Model: HDX 8000 HD

Hardware Version: B

I was trying a call forwarding scenario for an h.323 video call, during this my unit got restarted

I tried this multiple time and the result was same.

Steps I performed were :

1. My Polycom unit calls to onther soft phone.

2. On the soft phone call forwarding on "no answer was" activated.

3. Soft phone sent the facility message with reason = callforwarded, and alternate ip to dial to.

4. Soft sent release complete message.

But instead of calling to newly provided IP, Ploycom unit crashes, I mean it got restarted.

Note:  The same scenario worked for me when I swithced to SIP protocol. Trace file was also not captured as unit get restarted.

Please let me know wether above mentioned device supports call forwarding on h.323.

Regards,

Ashok

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Ashok,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would need to look into the H.323 protocol details if there should be support for this but stating this our unit should not reboot.

I suggest you upgrade the HDX to the latest available version and then repeat the test.

If the unit still fails please gather the log files and work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to our support teams attention.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.