Occasional Visitor

Polycom Licensing Question

Actually i have one group 500  and 11 group 300.

Group 500 has multipoint licensing

Group 300 and Group 500 has RTV/CCP licence.

If the licences are perpetual, its necesary to renew support to mantain the operation of the system or not?

Exist a price penalization if i dont renew the support inmediately after its ending?

Thanks.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Licensing Question

Hello David Zambrano,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A license for a feature does not expire.

The right to download and update to the latest software version is only ensured within the first year. Once the device is older than a year and you want to go to a newer revision number like from 5.x to 6.x or from 6.0.x to 6.1.x you need a new contract.

Your Polycom reseller should be able to explain all this to you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.