Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom PVX client and Polycom m100 client. If they are on a point to point call togehter, the button to share the desktop is disabled on both of them. If they connect to an HDX or if two m100 clients connect to each other, they can share content.  The content button is disabled.  Anyone else run in to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just found the answer.  m100 only supports H.239.  PVX will support both the Polycom People+Content and H.239.  Out of the box setup PVX has P+C checked and not H.239. 

In PVX settings go to Video> Video protocol and uncheck P+C and check H239

Your Show desktop Icon will light up

The reason it works to HDX is HDX will support both

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sounds like the PC or laptop does not make the minimum performance specs to run content.

See the release notes for both products on the Polycom website below:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/index.html

HP Recommended

On the same computer that is running the PVX software, if I run the m100 software, I can share content from either side.  Also the PVX client can share content if it connects with a HDX.  If a m100 client connects to the HDX as well, they can see the content too.  The problem only exists when a m100 client connects with a PVX client directly.  I don't think it's a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

I should mention that I did check the hardware requirements and my systems are well above the recommended configuration.

HP Recommended

You are correct.  I just did a test PVX to m100 and the Show Desktop is greyed out.  I'll do some research and let you know.

HP Recommended

I just found the answer.  m100 only supports H.239.  PVX will support both the Polycom People+Content and H.239.  Out of the box setup PVX has P+C checked and not H.239. 

In PVX settings go to Video> Video protocol and uncheck P+C and check H239

Your Show desktop Icon will light up

The reason it works to HDX is HDX will support both

HP Recommended

Thank you that did the trick.  I attached a screen shot for anyone else running in to the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.