Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good day!
The Touch Control is not connected to Group 500 . Touch Control display shows the message "Unable to connect to the device at 192.168.37.33"
Touch Control and RPG 500 are physically connected to a switch one.

IP address of RPG 500 - 192.168.37.33

IP address of Touch control - 192.168.37.32
Version RPG 500 - 4.1.5-180072

Touch Control version - 4.1.5-180072

Username and password on both devices

username: admin

pass: 123

Touch control for RPG series (circle logo)

Telnet access on RPG 500 is enabled.

What could be the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Comnet,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What area in the world are you located ? This could be caused by the Codec being unable to setup a SSH connection if the unit is based in Russia or similar.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Both devices are on the same local network and connected to the same switch

HP Recommended

Hello Comnet,

the above does not answer my question. Where in the world are you located ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you! I am located in Russia. And i understand your information.

Q: If I put on a Polycom touch control software version  "custom-4.1.3_01_ft-190025_Rus" with OpenSSL Security Fix
Will it work with an RPG 500 version 4.1.5 500 - 180 072?

HP Recommended

Hello Comnet,

our support team can supply you with a special 4.1.3 build for both the PTC and the Group Series or if you wait until the end of this week when we release 4.2.

Due Russian laws we are unable to support any kind of encryption and this is why the PTC pairing is failing as this requires SSH.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Okay. Where can I get the special 4.1.3 build for both the PTC and the Group Series? Without SSl

HP Recommended

Hello Comnet,

you will need to raise a ticket with Polycom support so we can track this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Do I understand correctly: to download this special software need a valid support for both the PTC and the Group Series?

This is not special soft without SSL?

HP Recommended

Hello Comnet,

The software in question is a Hot Fix which we do not openly distribute. This can only be requested from our Support organisation and you should not have any issues doing so.

The latest Group Series 4.2 software will be released tomorrow so if you are entitled to upgrade to this you can download that from our support page.

These are the two options you have

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.