Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Polycom Touch Control Unit Software Upgrade

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded our RGP 500 to SW version 6.1.0 and now need to update the Touch Control Unit from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0. 

I've looked through the admin settings, the only option for software update seems o point to 'polycom' and doesnt connect.

Can someone please let me know the procedue to update the software on the TCU? 

Thanks

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Touch Control Unit Software Upgrade

Hello Mwahab,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check the Admin Guide => here <=

Page 212 contains:

Updating RealPresence Touch Software from a USB Storage Device

If you cannot update your RealPresence Touch device using a server or with RealPresence Resource Manager, you can load the software onto a USB storage device and use that to update the device. Another benefit of using a USB device is that you can choose to perform both a factory restore and update your device software simultaneously.
The following attributes ensure that your USB device supports the software update procedure:

• Use USB 2.0 devices (some USB 3.0 devices might not work with the RealPresence Touch).
  • Format the primary partition as FAT32.

Make sure to put all software update data in the root directory of the primary partition.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.