Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded our RGP 500 to SW version 6.1.0 and now need to update the Touch Control Unit from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0. 

I've looked through the admin settings, the only option for software update seems o point to 'polycom' and doesnt connect.

Can someone please let me know the procedue to update the software on the TCU? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Mwahab,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check the Admin Guide => here <=

Page 212 contains:

Updating RealPresence Touch Software from a USB Storage Device

If you cannot update your RealPresence Touch device using a server or with RealPresence Resource Manager, you can load the software onto a USB storage device and use that to update the device. Another benefit of using a USB device is that you can choose to perform both a factory restore and update your device software simultaneously.
The following attributes ensure that your USB device supports the software update procedure:

• Use USB 2.0 devices (some USB 3.0 devices might not work with the RealPresence Touch).
  • Format the primary partition as FAT32.

Make sure to put all software update data in the root directory of the primary partition.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Mwahab,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check the Admin Guide => here <=

Page 212 contains:

Updating RealPresence Touch Software from a USB Storage Device

If you cannot update your RealPresence Touch device using a server or with RealPresence Resource Manager, you can load the software onto a USB storage device and use that to update the device. Another benefit of using a USB device is that you can choose to perform both a factory restore and update your device software simultaneously.
The following attributes ensure that your USB device supports the software update procedure:

• Use USB 2.0 devices (some USB 3.0 devices might not work with the RealPresence Touch).
  • Format the primary partition as FAT32.

Make sure to put all software update data in the root directory of the primary partition.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.