Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having issues with a Polycom Touch Control unit paired with a Group Series 500.  We've had several complaints from people who have had a really sluggish experience when using the Touch Control.

I was thinking it could be a networking issue, so I checked the LAN properties and the duplex is set to half.  I tried changing it but there doesn't appear to be a way to manually set the duplex, even if the rest of the network properties are set manually.

I checked the switch and the port is set to full duplex, so it doesn't appear to be auto-negotiating it either.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ironhead,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version of both the Group Series and the PTC as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Or is this not a PTC?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here are the software versions:

Panel Software - 4.1.3-111080

OS version - 4.1.3-73

Kernel - 2.6.32

I was looking to see if there was a way we could tackle this without updating the software.  I've already tried updating the software and was given a warning that updating the software would kill the pairing with the GS500 due to the software on that being incompatible.  Updating the software on the GS500 would also require me to update the software on the CMA.

As you can see, updating the software is going to be a nightmare, whereas if there is a way of changing the duplex manually that would be quick and easy. 

Can I SSH into a Polycom Touch Control?

HP Recommended

Hello Ironhead,

You are several generations behind the latest or current software.

Please try at least 4.3.2 first.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I tried 4.3.2 but I received the same message that the Group Series software is not compatible and will unpair if the Touch Contoller is updated.

We have a maintenance contract with Polycom so I'm waiting on our AV support company to come back to me with the software upgrade key so I can update the group series.  Then I can work on the Touch Controller.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.