Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am searching for options to gather information (to monitor) from our deployed Real Presence Trio 8800 and later the Group series. Actually I am looking into the 8800 model for the REST API option that I can enable within the application tab.

(You are here: Settings > Applications)

I can not find any documentation related to the exposed API based on this option. What I can find is the API documentation for the Real Presence System at all but that seems to be related to RMA and DMA systems exposing the API.

Thus I suspect that the API itself on the Trio 8800 (or the software within it) is an internal API.

Is that correct?

If so, is the only option to monitor the state via the push notification and event configuration part within the application configuration pane?

Where can I find documentation about the XML format of those messages (especially within the push configuration if they differ)?

That seems to be a good method to gather important messages about the state of the devices. Therefore any documentation regarding Push messaging would be helpful - including examples.

Currently we have deployed Polycom UC Software 5.4.4 AD (5.4.4 7776).

Thank you,

Lothar

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Lothar,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is not publicly shared yet and I will get an SE to get in touch with you as we do need an NDA signed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I also have the same request to have documentation on the REST API.

Thanks,

Adam

HP Recommended

I also have the same request for access to API.

We would like to monitor our Trio 8800 phones for certain status'.

HP Recommended

Hello @pfunk,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The Trio does not as of yet fully support the REST API but as an Example the RPRM utilizes this to monitor VVX's and Trio's.

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Can I use advanced remote control possibilities / CTI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Polycom Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.