Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Skype for business 365 has been setup and works. I have created a favourites list in the admin console of the the Real Presence 500, by adding names from the directory (Microsoft). The names are found and added to the favourites list ok.

When I try to start a meeting from the RP Touch panel, I search for meeting invitees/participants and the names from my favourtites display and I can add them however it shows in grey font the word "Unknown" below every contact.

How do I stop this Unknown from showing, or replace with something else? Im not even sure what it is supposed to be showing busy, available or maybe title?

thanks, Brendan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Brendan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2016 Question:Does the RealPresence Group system support Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015, or Lync 2013 Server?

Explanation:The Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365 features included in this version of RealPresence Group Series version 6.x.0 are currently undergoing Microsoft interoperability testing. As required by Microsoft, the Office 365 online mode will not be available until Microsoft has completed their testing.

Polycom will make an announcement once testing is complete and RealPresence Group Series is certified. At that time, you will be able to register with Skype for Business Online as part of Office 365.

You can only utilise O365 if you are part of the Polycom TAP program. All issues must be reported via the TAP program and everything else is using an unsupported platform.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

Ok understand that the SFB O365 is not fully supported yet, are you able to tell me at least what the 'unknown' refers to? Ie if I was using a Skype on Premise setup and went to the new meeting screen on the RP Touch, when searching names what would the grey text be showing? 

Is it likely that SFB O365 will be fully supported at some stage?

thanks, Brendan

HP Recommended

Hello Brendan,

Unfortunately we still have not archived the Microsoft qualification so therefore I am unable to discuss unsupported platforms.

I suggest you work with Polycom's Sales so they can add you to the TAP program.

I have not got a GroupSeries running Skype for Business 2015 or LYNC 2013 with a touch so I cannot check.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.