cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RP Touch shows "Unknown" under contacts when starting new skype meeting

Occasional Contributor

RP Touch shows "Unknown" under contacts when starting new skype meeting

Skype for business 365 has been setup and works. I have created a favourites list in the admin console of the the Real Presence 500, by adding names from the directory (Microsoft). The names are found and added to the favourites list ok.

When I try to start a meeting from the RP Touch panel, I search for meeting invitees/participants and the names from my favourtites display and I can add them however it shows in grey font the word "Unknown" below every contact.

How do I stop this Unknown from showing, or replace with something else? Im not even sure what it is supposed to be showing busy, available or maybe title?

thanks, Brendan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RP Touch shows "Unknown" under contacts when starting new skype meeting

Hello Brendan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2016 Question:Does the RealPresence Group system support Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015, or Lync 2013 Server?

Explanation:The Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365 features included in this version of RealPresence Group Series version 6.x.0 are currently undergoing Microsoft interoperability testing. As required by Microsoft, the Office 365 online mode will not be available until Microsoft has completed their testing.

Polycom will make an announcement once testing is complete and RealPresence Group Series is certified. At that time, you will be able to register with Skype for Business Online as part of Office 365.

You can only utilise O365 if you are part of the Polycom TAP program. All issues must be reported via the TAP program and everything else is using an unsupported platform.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen, 

Ok understand that the SFB O365 is not fully supported yet, are you able to tell me at least what the 'unknown' refers to? Ie if I was using a Skype on Premise setup and went to the new meeting screen on the RP Touch, when searching names what would the grey text be showing? 

Is it likely that SFB O365 will be fully supported at some stage?

thanks, Brendan

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Brendan,

Unfortunately we still have not archived the Microsoft qualification so therefore I am unable to discuss unsupported platforms.

I suggest you work with Polycom's Sales so they can add you to the TAP program.

I have not got a GroupSeries running Skype for Business 2015 or LYNC 2013 with a touch so I cannot check.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4