06-15-2011 02:03 PM - last edited on 02-09-2016 02:32 AM by SteffenBaierUK
Polycom RealPresence Group Series, HDX, VSX, m100 and all other standalone video endpoints Support Forums
Hello, and welcome to the Endpoint Support Forums.
I'm sure you have many question regarding your Endpoint Codec. In this post I'll go over few helpful tips to resolve your problems or answer your questions.
If you are new to the world of Telepresence please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving your problems or answering your questions.
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
2. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
3. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
4. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
5. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. If you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
6. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
7. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising.
8. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.