Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Morning,

I am trying to configure our Polycom RealPresence Group 500 Series with an Office 365 account however when i try to get the SIP registration to connect it fails with the error "Registration Failed"?. We are currently running the latest firmware version from Polycom (v6.1.0)

I know my firewall/ports are working correct as if i use a .onmicrosoft.com address it registers however if our use our custom domain (UPN) it doesn't connect? i have verified the username/password is correct as i can log into O365 and SFB online just not on the polycom unit. 

I have followed the steps in the link below and the O365 account has been setup as a room mailbox etc

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt691570.aspx

Any help would be appreicated as the response i have had so far from Polycom support has been appauling. 

Cheers

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hello Ashley Bellamy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The answer is pretty simple. This is currently not yet supported. I recently explained this => here <=

In addition the Video FAQ:

Oct 10, 2016 Question:Does the RealPresence Group system support Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015, or Lync 2013 Server?

Explanation:The Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365 features included in this version of RealPresence Group Series version 6.0.0 are currently undergoing Microsoft interoperability testing. As required by Microsoft, the Office 365 online mode will not be available until Microsoft has completed their testing.
Polycom will make an announcement once testing is complete and RealPresence Group Series is certified. At that time, you will be able to register with Skype for Business Online as part of Office 365. Note that the testing is not required for registration with the Skype for Business on-premises server.

I am unsure who from Polycom support you have spoken to or if this was some sort of reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the response.

We currently use an IPad with the crestron app with custom controls to operate our polycom unit. 

Am i correct in saying that we are unable to use SFB online with the RP GS 500 unless we purchase a polycom touch device and enable Skype Mode once you have finished certification with microsoft?

Will customers be contacted once this problem has been resolved?

FYI we are using version 6.1.0 not 6.0.0

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hello Ashley Bellamy,

we are all awaiting this release but Microsoft had some last minute demands and therefore it has been delayed again.

Once we are officially compatible we will announce it. Beta customers can already register their accounts and receive support via Polycom.

Yes you will need a PolcyomTouch in order to utilize it with Skype for Business online and the S4B branding and look.

Again who did you speak with from Polycom?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Is their anyway we can become a beta customer to get our system working as we are looking to deploy another 14 Real Presence Group devices in our office but this wont happen until we have fixed our issue with SFB Online.

is their anyway you can contact me directly to discuss this problem?

Regards

Ashley 

HP Recommended

This would require you to be part of what Microsoft calls the TAP program.  Polycom can help you do that, please contact your Polycom SE for assistance in being considered for the program.

HP Recommended

Just an FYI to the community:

We've been attempting O365 via the Group Series + RP Touch for  the last few weeks without any luck. I had the PLCM Beta Team take a look at our logs. They sent back the following.

Software Version - 6.1.0-310348 (beta)

OAuth needs to be enabled for O365 registration for GS, whereas the VVX/TRIO uses org-id. It could be that this customer has to enable OAuth.

PCLM Team - Have you guys come acrossed this yet? Will the documentation reflect this requirement?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

We already have oauth enabled but this hasn't resolved our issue. 

This is the feedback i have received from Polycom regarding this issue

"Although the Group Series 6.0 software has the capability to connect to the SfB online service, the current situation is that this feature is not supported yet until Microsoft certify the software for O365. Only authorised customers on the Microsoft TAP program are eligible for support for their SfB online trials. Support provision in these instances has to be pre-agreed with Polycom as it not supported through our standard Polycom Global Services support mechanism because the feature is still beta. It is not a GA (Generally Available) feature and won’t become so until certification."

To be honest i am a little disappointed that Polycom are trying to promote colloboration with Office 365 yet they havent got the certification sorted for their flagship devices yet!  

Cheers 

HP Recommended

What's the status on this?

I can find NUMEROUS references to the Polycom RealPresence Group system working with Skype for Business Online within Polycom's own documentation.

We've got thousands of dollars invested in to units that are 100% worthless if they won't connect to Skype for Business Online which is exactly why we purchased them WITH the skype for business integration option.

So, if the answer is they will connect - then I need to be told exactly what is needed to do this.

If the answer is NO, then the equipment will be returned.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Please contact your Polycom sales support team for a discussion with them about the integration of the Polycom RealPresence Group Video systems with on-line S4B / O365.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.