Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

we have just rolled out a number of Skype Room Systems using the Group Series 310.

I've just been given the Polycom® RealPresence Touch™ with Skype™ for Business Quick Tips document
3725-84235-002A | February 2017 from our supplier. 

It's also available here

Reading this I saw one piece of information that I did not know and that users had been asking for.

• To view the layout options with or without self view, use the slider to enable or disable Self View.

We are using the latest version of the software but I cannot see a slider on the layout screen. Self View is not available unless you are adjusting the camera.

Am I missing something? Is the documentation just wrong? Will there be a slider in future releases (please) ? 

Thanks for reading

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do you have a Polycom RealPresence Touch paired with the GS?

Also this suggestion was provided to me for you:  There is a setting, by default, checked for auto configure selfview. May they should check this and if out is checked, uncheck, then it will allow user configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Another question from our users is that there is no indication of audio only users on the screen. 

Skype usually shows audio users as icons only so that you know who is speaking. If someone joins a conference without video they are invisible on the screen. 

HP Recommended

Do you have a Polycom RealPresence Touch paired with the GS?

Also this suggestion was provided to me for you:  There is a setting, by default, checked for auto configure selfview. May they should check this and if out is checked, uncheck, then it will allow user configuration.

HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry I did not see your reply

Yes we have the RP Touch, we are usuing SfB Online so this is a requirement. 

Note this is in Skype Room mode so almost everything useful has been greyed out. I cannot see the option for auto configure selfview

Regards

Bruce

HP Recommended

I found the setting and it works !!!

It's under System Settings / Call Settings 

Many thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.