Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We wish to setup a 1-1 videoconference with a partner of ours which is using Polycom HDX7000. Since we have a limited budget we decided to try out the Polycom Telepresence m100 before investing in dedicated hardware.

Unfortunately whenever I click the "Call" button the popup shows up but no call occurs and I'm unable to close the window or hanging up. I've also tried calling the predefined contacts such as "Polycom Austin HD IP" and it behaves in the same way.

Since it could be a network issue I opened a network monitor tool and strangely there is no activity at all from the m100.

After looking further in your site I tried downloading Polycom PVX and it worked fine, but AFAIK it has been descontinued.

Finally I think it's a problem that might related with Windows 7 since it worked inside a VM running Windows XP SP3.

Any tips to get the software working in Windows 7? I've tried other machines with Windows 7 32 or 64 bit and none of them works.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I experience the same sort of problems with two different Windows 7 64bits laptops, regarless of the settings in the Windows firewall, router and so on, I just dont get the application to work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.