Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have experienced an issue testing the M100 on my computer. You might read a long text, however you shall find ther most of what we tried to make it work !

0. Context : our company has a set of Polycom material in several locations, which are video conference systems with dedicated room, TV, etc. I am travelling (in Germany at the moment), and I would like to connect to them through a SW.

My PC: Windows WP, connecting to internet in a business center, and to our internal network through Forticlient. However, I run M100 on my desktop (not on our cloudcomputer).

1. First trial : install and run. I called one room at my company's, I could make it ring, but they couldn't answer my call.

2. Second trial : after a first call to Polycom support, I tried to install it on other computers, from other networks (tried from home as well), I tried on 2 Windows 7 computers. Now, I couldn't make our room ring anymore. Just the message attached.

3. Third trial : after a second call to your support, I tried to click "NAT", and enter my public IP address, no progress... I also asked (being told by someone) to ask if ports 5060 and the range 3230-3237 were open in my business center => yes. I also tried to shut off my firewall, no success.

For info, my colleague in Lyon, in France, who also tred this SW from his business center and it didn't work...

I still have only 5 days of trial. Would you help me in the meantime, this would be perfect !

Best regards.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Is the remote system set to Auto Answer?  Also try one of our test systems to see if that works. 

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/documentation/video_test_numbers.html

If it does, then probably a firewall setting on your XP PC or VPN client.

HP Recommended

Hello Graham,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I have the same message which ever the number I call. I have tried on 140.242.250.203 and 140.242.250.200, and I can not due to the same error message.

For the remote system on auto Answer, which one do you mean ? At the reception (in our meeting rooms) or on my own M100 system ?

HP Recommended

Hi Lucas,

The first thing I would recommend, is ensuring your PC meets or exceeds the hardware requirements described in the Release Notes for M100, which can be found Here

If they do, you could also attempt to connect two systems together, using a crossover cable, and have them dial each other. If the calls connect successfully it will rule out possible issues with the PC itself and you can begin to analyze network components, such as router ACL's or firewalls which could be blocking the traffic.

You can also find the Ports/Protocols required for M100 in the release notes mentioned above.

Hope this helps,

Rob

HP Recommended

Hello RJanis,

I have checked the hw and sw and I am not above the minimum requirements:

XP Pro SP3 => Ok

Pentium M 1,73Ghz => ?

2Go RAM => KO

But, I have tried installing M100 on a colleagues computer who runs a brand new Windows Seven. I had the same experience.

For the ports, I have requested my network administrator to tell me if the mandatory ports were open and it seems that yes. I will try to connect my PC at home with another one thanks to a cable to see if it works. I'll keep you posted as soon as I can try.

Thanks for your reply.

Lucas R.

HP Recommended

So... My test licence has expired. I can therefore not do the tests anylonger. I will not buy the licence unless I could make it run...

Thus, I did not think about opening a topic here early enough.

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.