Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V700 BLACK SCREEN

Occasional Visitor

V700 BLACK SCREEN

Hello,

I have the same problem as an over post :

"I have v700 and I've tried to operate but no way to. Pressing the power switch, the endpoint turns on. I use the front switch and goes from standby to on and "VIDEO CONFERENCE" appears in green letters on the screen. When using the switch of the video, the screen is still black and the red LED to the right of the camera is fixed on."

Please help me.

Thank's.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: V700 BLACK SCREEN

Hello TomLH,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Providing some background information on a device is often helpful.

• Is this a new unit or an old used unit?
  • Did this unit ever work and suddenly stop?
  • Do you have a serial number usually starting with 82?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Hello SteffenBaierUK,

To answer your questions :

• Is this a new unit or an old used unit? It's an old used unit
  • Did this unit ever work and suddenly stop? Yes it has already worked
  • Do you have a serial number usually starting with 82? Yes it start with 82

Thank's, cordially.

Message 3 of 8

Hello TomLH,

Can you post the whole serial number?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Occasional Visitor

SteffenBaierUK,

Here is the serial number : 82070907E13CCD

Tom.

Message 5 of 8

Hello TomLH,

The Unit in Question was sold back in 17/04/2007

I can only advise you to check the Admin Guide => here <= and follow the advise given on page 12 - 3

Maybe it is time for a new system.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 6 of 8
Occasional Visitor

I think yes...

Thank you.

And which recent model would be the most similar to this one? And not too expensive?

Cordially.

Message 7 of 8

Hello TomLH,

This completely depends what you are after.

Is this SIP or H.323 ?

If it is a 1x1 replacement then maybe have a look at the RealPresence Debut as that does SIP or H.323 or should this be compatible with Skype for Business etc?

I am not the right person to advise so please work with a Polycom reseller or try http://www.polycom.com

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 8 of 8