Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have a remote office setup witht he VSX 7000S. Also included is the Visual Concert VSX. Currently the VSX back panel VGA output goes to a 23" monitor for display. They have a PC in that conference room also with HDMI to a mounted 50" TV for a monitor.

Is there any way to get this setup to work so the PC can use the TV for monitor and the VSX can use it for video calls? I know the Visual Concert can be connected to a laptop and the screen will dispaly. Should this also work with the PC as it has a VGA output as well?

I could get this to work using a laptop and the 23" monitor to VSX but not with the PC. Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From what you describe, this is what I think. The Visual Concert device only does VGA; that is why your laptop connected to it worked just fine. You stated that the other PC is using HDMI to the TV. If you want that PC to be able to use the Visual Concert VSX you will have to connect that PC to the Visual Concert via VGA and to the TV via VGA; if it has a VGA input. If the TV does not have a VGA input, then you could try using a VGA to HDMI adapter between the Visual Concert and the TV and also between the PC and the Visual Concert. This will allow you to keep the HDMI connection to the TV so that you only have one video cable running to the TV.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From what you describe, this is what I think. The Visual Concert device only does VGA; that is why your laptop connected to it worked just fine. You stated that the other PC is using HDMI to the TV. If you want that PC to be able to use the Visual Concert VSX you will have to connect that PC to the Visual Concert via VGA and to the TV via VGA; if it has a VGA input. If the TV does not have a VGA input, then you could try using a VGA to HDMI adapter between the Visual Concert and the TV and also between the PC and the Visual Concert. This will allow you to keep the HDMI connection to the TV so that you only have one video cable running to the TV.

Tom

HP Recommended

Thanks Tom,

Your idea is what another friend mentioned as well. I will give that a go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.