Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I work for an Australian company that "inherited" a couple of VSX5000 endpoints from our office in Canada and have been having trouble getting any video to display on our computer monitors that we connect to the VGA monitor port on the VSX. The computer monitor that we are using is a HP 1740 LCD monitor.  The message that comes up is "Input signal out of range". I've tried various settings on the VSX (ie. 800x600 at 60 & 75Hz etc.) and also adjusted settings on the monitor without luck.  Am I trying the impossible here, is it that Australian VGA monitors are not compatible with Canadian VSX5000's?

Any ideas?

p.s. Connecting a Sony TV to the S-video port works fine.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have to configure the Monitor 1 as VGA. Please refer to Administrator's Guide for the VSX Series -> Configuring Monitor Settings

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike, I thought I could get VGA working on Monitor 2 but sounds like this is not the case. 

VGA working OK on Monitor 1 now.

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.