Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to view the video from a real presence group 500 video camera from the web management console.  I have a requirement to test video conferencing units and I do not want to disturb the conference room if a person or people are currently using it. If you cannot view the camera feed from the web portal, I am open to any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the RPG Admin Guide:

Enable Room and Call Monitoring

Before you can use room and call monitoring, you must enable the feature in the local interface.
To enable room and call monitoring:

1 In the local interface, go to Settings > Administration >Security > Remote Access.
2 To allow the room or call to be viewed remotely, enable Allow Video Display on Web.

Monitor a Room or Call

The monitoring feature in the web interface allows system administrator to view a call or the room where the
system is installed.
To remotely monitor a room or call:
1 In the web interface, go to Utilities > Tools > Remote Monitoring.
2 You can perform the following tasks out of a call:
 Wake the system
 Show content
 Adjust the near camera
 Adjust system volume
 View camera presets
3 You can perform these additional tasks in a call:
 Change camera sources
 Adjust the far camera
 End a call

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

From the RPG Admin Guide:

Enable Room and Call Monitoring

Before you can use room and call monitoring, you must enable the feature in the local interface.
To enable room and call monitoring:

1 In the local interface, go to Settings > Administration >Security > Remote Access.
2 To allow the room or call to be viewed remotely, enable Allow Video Display on Web.

Monitor a Room or Call

The monitoring feature in the web interface allows system administrator to view a call or the room where the
system is installed.
To remotely monitor a room or call:
1 In the web interface, go to Utilities > Tools > Remote Monitoring.
2 You can perform the following tasks out of a call:
 Wake the system
 Show content
 Adjust the near camera
 Adjust system volume
 View camera presets
3 You can perform these additional tasks in a call:
 Change camera sources
 Adjust the far camera
 End a call

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.  This resolved my problem.

Thanks,

Alex

HP Recommended

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE AUDIO ALSO OF THE GROUP 500 SERIES THROUGH REMOTE MONITORING 

HP Recommended

hi,

I have RealPresence Group 700 and release - 6.2.1.2-590033 but I don't have the same menu items. I get a blue screen under remote monitoring, how do I enable the video i there?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

No, the web UI offers a screen shot of what the camera sees about every 5 seconds. No audio. Also, I would not use this to monitor an active call as it is fairly resource intense for the GS in my opinion

HP Recommended

You need to use the local UI with the hand held remote to enable this feature from the local UI Admin menu

HP Recommended

Hello @bluecat25 

we do document this in our Video FAQ:

Nov 14,2014 Question: How can I enable the “Allow Video Display on Web” option on a Group Series?

Answer: This must be enable via the Group Series GUI first via the remote => Settings => Administration => Security => Settings => Remote Access => Allow Video Display on Web as shown => here <= in detail.

NOTE: You must use the systems remote control to do this!

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.