Advisor
Accepted Solution

What determines the placing of the Polycom Icons across the top or bottom?

Hi everyone,

I've really never run into issues with the placing of the Polycom Icons in a videoconference. On some of our HDX-8000 Codecs it is across the bottom, on others it is across the top. I had a presenter that was annoyed that it was covering up some of the PPT slide info and wanted it changed positions....

First time for this....Not sure if there is a setting on the Codec, or what determines the placing of the icons?

Thank you for your advice.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: What determines the placing of the Polycom Icons across the top or bottom?

Hello KK Sky,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

In addition are there any RMX or 3rd Party bridges involved or are these point to point calls?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Advisor

Hello Steffen,

Wow...Thanks for posting so quickly!

The HDX 8000s are using Software Version 3.1.9-50041. We will be updating to the more current versions once we get the go-ahead from management to update.

Our calls are Bridged through our Polycom Bridge.

In looking at this, it seems to me that, not matter where the icons are placed it can potentially cover the presenter's content depending on how it is laid out. You could run into issues whether top or bottom....

10 years I have never been asked this question...

Thanks again.

Polycom Employee & Moderator

The position of the icons, top or bottom, is dependant on the position of the PIP, top or bottom.  The icons will be the opposite of the PIP.

The icons will cover up the image only for a short time when the status of the mute changes.  you can 'turn off' the 'display Icons in a Call on teh Monitors configuration screen.

Advisor

Thanks very much for clearing this up. I appreciate that you can also hide the icons, but, my fear is that a user will think they're muted and they are unmuted...Also, if having to change the settings back for certain sessions, I'd end up losing track...

Great answer about the position of the icons! Thanks again!