Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

1- I was trying to log in to HDX-7000 portal

using this ID: admin and password: 456

also using ID: Polycom and password: 456

but it didn't work also I reseted the unit and tried above login details again , still it doesn't work

Any hint?

2- I am trying to use the remote control that come with the unit . but the unit is not responding.

please note that I am not using any Polycom Camera . is it required to have a Polycom camera to use the

remote control.

I read that there's some setting for the remote but this go back to point 1 because I am not able to login

Awaiting your answers

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Omar,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post to the correct section and we encourage all members to utilize the search functionality as demonstrated => here <= as you can find plenty of answered Posts within this community already dealing with the very same question.

This is also explained on page 8.3 => here <= in the Admin Guide.

Admin ID:

Specifies the ID for the administrator account. The default Admin ID is admin. Admin IDs are not case sensitive

Admin Room Password:

Specifies the password for administrator access when logging in to the system locally.
When this password is set, you must enter it to configure the system Admin Settings using the remote control.

The password cannot contain spaces or be more than 40 characters.

Passwords are case sensitive.
The default Admin Room Password is the 14-digit system serial number from the System Information screen or the
back of the system.

For your question 2, the IR Sensor for the HDX is built into the Camera.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

you answers was very help full.

the first point was cleared.

but I still have issue regarding the second point.  I don't have the Camera

is there any other solution to use the remote control?

Regards,

HP Recommended

I guess I found a solution for the Remote Control Issue .

I'm planning to get an IR sensor and attach it to HDCI Input on PIN #3 and PIN #7, I will

try it and post the result .

Regards,

HP Recommended

What is Default ID/Password for access to admin  for HDX-7000

when i move to system info then admin seting it need for id and password i am try to use admin and password 14 dailog of sirel number but it didnt work let me know

HP Recommended

Hello khaleejtechnology,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Bideo FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 21,2014 Question: What is the factory default username and password of a HDX or Group Series system?

Answer: 
Default Username: admin
Default Password: 14 digit HDX / Group Series serial number printed on the back fo the HDX / Group Series ending for example with the letters CN

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.