Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was wondering if anybody know what is the difference between analog (product # 2457-23180-003) and digital (product # 2457-23181-003) HDCI cables. Please note that there is a difference in one digit in the product number.

I got several cables that were brand new but did not work properly with HDX codec and MPTZ-6 camera. When connected camera initializes properly (i.e. power is provided) and even remote and PTZ mechanism works OK, but no video, just blue screen.

If you have any information about those "digital" HDCI cables and how they can be used please let me know.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From Release Notes
Polycom HDX Systems, Version 2.0.1:

"... Additional Support for Video Inputs
Version 2.0 adds support for DVI input from a Polycom EagleEye HD camera
to the Camera 1 input on the Polycom HDX 9000 series system. To use a
Polycom EagleEye HD camera in DVI mode, use the HDCI digital camera
cable, part number 2457-23181-003. ....."

From Administrator’s Guide
for Polycom ®  HDX Systems
Version 2.5:

".... To use a Polycom EagleEye HD in DVI mode, use the HDCI digital camera
cable, part number 2457-23181-003. DVI camera mode is supported only on the
Polycom HDX 9000 series, camera input 1. To use a Polycom EagleEye HD in
Component mode, use the HDCI analog camera cable, part number
2457-23180-0xx ......"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From Release Notes
Polycom HDX Systems, Version 2.0.1:

"... Additional Support for Video Inputs
Version 2.0 adds support for DVI input from a Polycom EagleEye HD camera
to the Camera 1 input on the Polycom HDX 9000 series system. To use a
Polycom EagleEye HD camera in DVI mode, use the HDCI digital camera
cable, part number 2457-23181-003. ....."

From Administrator’s Guide
for Polycom ®  HDX Systems
Version 2.5:

".... To use a Polycom EagleEye HD in DVI mode, use the HDCI digital camera
cable, part number 2457-23181-003. DVI camera mode is supported only on the
Polycom HDX 9000 series, camera input 1. To use a Polycom EagleEye HD in
Component mode, use the HDCI analog camera cable, part number
2457-23180-0xx ......"

HP Recommended

Thanks Ovg, yes this helped! I was able to make this cable work with one of my HDX 9002 systems by changing first camera mode to DVI. Although it was bit tricky and not obvious how to do this.

When camera is connected (and no video displayed) when I go to camera settings either on the codec itself using remote control or by using Web interface, it was showing PbPrY option only and drop-down meny was not accessible (greyed-out). What I did is diconnected camera and clicked on Detect button. This time camera was not detected (obviously) but drop-down menu became accessible, and one of the options there was DVI so I selected this option. Then I re-connected camera and boom! It worked!

Interesting enought that after camera started working, drop-down menu still showing PbPrY (i.e. component) and not DVI, and menu is no available again. But who cares, it works now. I tried powering off and powering on again just to make sure that it is still working, and yes it is still working.

Interesting. Without help here I was desperate with those cables. Google did not provide much information, I guess I forgot to read the famous manual! Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

alexg, thank you for reply,  I'm glad to help you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.