Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

First of all, i use non-eagle-eye camera connected via component in to polycom hdx 8000.

here is my problem. I need to break camera power circuit while not in conference. Since about half an hour i power on the camera but got a blue screen on far codec(i can see picture on my own screen, my interlocutor doesn't). So, we send a command to codec via rs-232 to use 2nd camera(doesn't exist) as main and then power off my 1st camera. When i need to make a call we do a revers. 90% it's work. but sometimes i got an answer from polycom: "error: command not allowed on this screen" while try to move to 1st cam. Does anyone know what is the problem? i use "camera near 1(2)" to switch main camera. as i said betweentimes codec responses with an error.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I am not really understanding your issue.  It sounds like You are using a control system like AMX or Crestron to control the system and the cameras since it is not a Polycom camera.

Blue video usually means the camera is not connected to the HDX.

have you tested with the control panel disconnected and use the Polycom remote? Sounds like You need to isolate the devices and revert back to just Polycom hardware. After that non-polycom hardware can be added testing as you go.

You may have a service contract on the HDX8000 which allows you to give our support center nearest you a call and discuss the issue with a tech. Check our website Polycom.com under Contact Us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.