Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My apologies, this is my first visit to the forum - tried jumping in on a previous post, but on reflection, not sure I was in the right place so have started a new thread.

I'm trialling the m100 software and have found the posts really useful, although I've not found anything that refers to using the m100 software to connect to ISDN lines.  I'm aware the majority of users are likley to be connecting between sites via IPs and not ISDN

I found the Help Notes that accompany the software leave you slightly wanting and I too have added and opened up all the appropriate ports on the firewall and my windows firewall.  I assume i still need to set up NAT with the WAN IP address so my HDX 4000 knows how to route incoming traffic?

As things stand, I currently receive "Your call could not be completed, because the call was routed through an intermediate network that does not service the far site. Contact your administrator for assistance"

I'm able to connect to most of the test sites in the contact lists and have also connected to some of the sites IPs I've seen in this thread. 

Any help appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the Polycom Community and thank you for taking the time to post. As far as the message "Your call could not be completed, because the call was routed through an intermediate network that does not service the far site. Contact your administrator for assistance" this is a generic message that you will see in almost all of our video endpoints when the calling system just cannot establish any communication with the far end system. Basically another fancy way of the system saying, "I cannot hear the other system." As far as utilizing the M100 client to make ISDN calls, my best guess would be that you would need to use an IP to ISDN gateway. Again that is my best guess as I don't know if anyone has ever used M100 or even PVX for that matter in that fashion. I'd like to see input from other's to see if they concur or rebut my statement.

HP Recommended

Chris is correct, m100 and PVX are IP only. I have never heard of ISDN connected to a PC (with the exception of Polycom's/PictureTel older iPower but that is a different animal all together).

The m100 would need to call into a gateway which is a device that has IP and ISDN physically connected to it.  The translation between networks will then happen in that box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.