Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everybody,

hope someone can help me. We are sitting in an office with 6 people. All of one uses Polycom VVx400 with Microsoft Lync 2013.

My question is if someone can help us to find a solution.

Situation:

We would like to be connected with each other. Means i would like to get a notice if someone is calling my coleague, because sometimes when he is not in the office i have to take the call of him. We used function: Edit Delegate and Simultaneously ring to my delegates. So it works. But we would like to have one more things:

1. Is it possbile that we here no sound while phone is ringing from colleague? Because is somebody calls my colleague, every phone is ringing at same time in the office. It's to loud. Someone told me i can use Settings and ring tones for delegate. But i can't see any item on my phone. At the moment i added 5 colleagues as my delegates, i guess that why i can't set up ring tones right?

2. Another problem is, that everybody gets some missed calls on deskphone. We would like to know only, who tries to reach myself. You know what i mean? So if some tries to call my colleague and he is not reachable, i see a missed call on my phone, that's sometimes confused, because i you don't take a good look at your phone, you think that somebody tries to reach you.

I guess for our case there must be a better solution.... Does anyone have an idea to solve our problem?

Thank you and best wishes

Matthias

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I did some digging and hopefully these put you on the right track.

@Mr.Mo wrote:

1. Is it possbile that we here no sound while phone is ringing from colleague? Because is somebody calls my colleague, every phone is ringing at same time in the office. It's to loud. Someone told me i can use Settings and ring tones for delegate. But i can't see any item on my phone. At the moment i added 5 colleagues as my delegates, i guess that why i can't set up ring tones right?

Take a look at page 19 of this Using Polycom VVX Business Media Phones with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 doc.  In case the link ever changes, go to Settings > Basic > Ring Type.  The header "Line Type" appears.  Pick the Delegation Ring type and pick your desired tone.  This option will appear if you are set as someone's delegate.  I had some trouble setting this up until I found that I had to make sure someone added me as their delegate AND I couldn't have anyone set as my delegate. 

@Mr.Mo wrote:

2. Another problem is, that everybody gets some missed calls on deskphone. We would like to know only, who tries to reach myself. You know what i mean? So if some tries to call my colleague and he is not reachable, i see a missed call on my phone, that's sometimes confused, because i you don't take a good look at your phone, you think that somebody tries to reach you.

This one I'm not certain about.  I haven't tried it myself but I was reading over the Polycom UC Software 5.2 Administrator Guide and on page 90 I found some reference to default caller ID behavior and starting on page 98-99 some configuration samples of missed call notification.  I'm not certain if this specific config applies to a Lync environment as it's referencing multiple registered lines or if it will even work as like you are hoping for but might be worth a look for testing in a lab environment.  This may be more of a Microsoft question than a Polycom one.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer. Hope you can help me with next questions:

wrote: I had some trouble setting this up until I found that  I had to make sure someone added me as their delegate AND I couldn't have anyone set as my delegate.

I have the some problem, if i add a colleague as a delegate, i can't change ring type, only if i added nobody and somebody adds me, it works.

But if i don't add a colleague, nobody can take my calls when i'm not in office. That is the biggest problem. I have to take calls from my colleagues and they have to take my calls if i'm out of office. Do you have another idea how we can solve this problem? We are 6 colleagues in the office and anybody has to be the delegate of the other....

Thank you very much

Matthias 

HP Recommended

@Mr.Mo wrote:

But if i don't add a colleague, nobody can take my calls when i'm not in office. That is the biggest problem. I have to take calls from my colleagues and they have to take my calls if i'm out of office. Do you have another idea how we can solve this problem? We are 6 colleagues in the office and anybody has to be the delegate of the other....

Hi Matthias,

You could opt for creating a Lync Response Group.  It's not as smooth of a solution as the Delegates feature since you can set a timeout to ring to your delegates whereas the Lync RG would ring immediately to all members when called.  I was thinking you could set the Lync RG as a Call Forward option for times you know you'd be out of the office or set it as a simultaneous ring but that may lead to calls to other group members sooner than intended. 

Otherwise it's either a limitation of Lync, Polycom firmware, or just an incompatibility as far as I know with people able for everyone to set each other as Delegates and still setup different ringtones.  It's probably worth putting in a feature request with your Polycom reseller or asking on the Microsoft TechNet forums.

-JP

HP Recommended

Dear JP,

thank you for your support. Could you please help me to explain difference between my team group and my delgates.... 

Problem to connect each other still continues. We didn't find any solution, because as a delegate you can't have any other delegates...

Mr. A would like to take over calls from Mr. B.

And Mr. B would like to take over calls from Mr. A.

thanks and best wishes

Matthias

HP Recommended

Hi Matthias,

I don't think it's possible to set delegates up as you described with Microsoft Lync.  I would recommend going over to the Microsoft TechNet forums and posing the same question, you would probably find more people familiar with Microsoft specific Lync features there.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=lync

I hope this helps and if you get the solution over there, please post back here.

-JP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.