Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Is it possible to setup Polycom SounpointIP phones in such a way that the user can just dial a few digits while phone is on-hook and the phone automatically process it thgouth digitmap and makes a call without user having to press Dial softkey?

I thought this is impossible, because digitmaps do not apply to on-hook dialing (according to admin guide). Recently I talked to a customer who told me they have it working on polycom phones they're getting from somebody else. The way it's working (according to what customer says) is the phone automatically goes off-hook as soon as a dialpad key is pressed and then I guess

regular digitmap is applied.

Now I've spent quite some time reading polycom docs trying to find a way to have the phone go off-hook on dialpad key press, but found nothing. I'm currently using 3.2.x series of firmware, but I looked through the latest UC software guide too.

Does anybody know a way to do it? Or may be to apply digitmap to off-hook dialing or may be something else that I'm missing to achieve the same result?

Any hint is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Michael

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.