Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm using the 3CX PBX and am attempting to create a softkey for parking a call.  We are using Polycom 450's.  Call parking with 3CX requires that the call be blind transfered to *0<digit>.  My idea is to create a macro that prompts the user for a digit between 0-9, and then executes a blind transfer to *0<digit>. I'm having an issue getting this to work with a macro although it works fine if I execute the steps manually.

The steps are as follows.
1. Initiate the transfer
2. Trigger the "More" softkey
3. Trigger the "Blind" softkey
4. Send the extension (*0<digit>)

With a pause added between each of the steps, I can see that everything goes well until the extension is entered. At that point, I get a rapid busy sound. Since this works great manually, there must be something simple that I'm missing. any ideas?

The following is from my config file....

<efk>
<efklist
efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark"
efk.efklist.1.status="1"
efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park"
efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FTransfer$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey4$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey2$$Cpause2$*0$P1N1$"

efk.efklist.2.mname="callpickup"
efk.efklist.2.status="1"
efk.efklist.2.label="Call Pickup"
efk.efklist.2.action.string="*1$P1N1$"
/>
<efkprompt
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Park Location (0-9): "
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
/>
</efk>

<softkey
softkey.1.label="Park"
softkey.1.action="!callpark"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
softkey.1.use.alerting="0"
softkey.1.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.1.use.hold="1"
softkey.1.use.idle="0"
softkey.1.use.proceeding="0"
softkey.1.use.setup="0"

softkey.2.label="PickUp"
softkey.2.action="!callpickup"
softkey.2.enable="1"
softkey.2.precede="0"
softkey.2.use.active="0"
softkey.2.use.alerting="0"
softkey.2.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.2.use.hold="0"
softkey.2.use.idle="1"
softkey.2.use.proceeding="0"
softkey.2.use.setup="0"
/>

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Hello OffTheRadar,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually I would advise you to contact your Polycom Reseller or contact Polycom Support in order to get this issue sorted but as our Documentation may not be 100% satisfactory to complete this I am posting below a working example.

This has been tested against UCS 3.3.2 and will need modification in order to work with SIP 3.2.x

Using this configuration I was able to Park calls and Pickup Calls from my 3CX Server in my lab:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Thu Aug 18 13:10:05 2011 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />
  <efk>
    <efk.efklist efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park" efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.2.label="Call Pickup" efk.efklist.2.mname="callpickup" efk.efklist.2.status="1">
      <efk.efklist.1.action efk.efklist.1.action.string="*0$P1N1$$Trefer$" />
      <efk.efklist.2.action efk.efklist.2.action.string="*1$P1N1$" />
    </efk.efklist>
    <efk.efkprompt efk.efkprompt.1.label="Park Location (0-9): " efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" />
  </efk>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="!callpark" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Park" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.2.action="!callpickup" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="PickUp">
    <softkey.1.use softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1" />
    <softkey.2.use softkey.2.use.idle="1" />
  </softkey>
  </polycomConfig>

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That worked perfectly, thank you!  And much cleaner than simulating the key presses!

HP Recommended

Hello OffTheRadar,

could your mark this as a Accepted Solution if it has solved your Issues so other Community Users can find this post?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.