Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there, we have a number of the Polycom personal speakers for use with MS Communicator. While the units work well, the volume from the device is a little low, especially when there are a number of people in the room participating in the call.

The speaker controls all work as expected and we can turn the volume up and down successfully, but I would expected that the maximum volume from such a device (given its size) would be higher.

Is there any known way to reconfigure the device or update its firmware to allow the volume to be increased ?

Or are there any setting on the PC operating system that can be tweaked to allow the device to output higher volumes ?

Thanks in advance,

Kristofor

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there, any ideas out there on this one from the Polycom representatives on this forum, or is there no known way of increasing the max volume from the device ?

Everyone I have spoken to in our company who has one of these device has exactly the same issue with them.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

Hello Kristofor,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware as stated in the FAQ and Read First the Community is not a replacement for the Support Organization and any issues should be reported to your Polycom Reseller and or Polycom Support directly.

Other Members of the Community may be able to reply to your post based on their experience.

Our Partner Microsoft provides the Driver Software for the Polycom CX100 via the LYNC Client and depending on your Country of residence and the Version of the LYNC Client you may have to follow local restrictions.

Usually the TIA/EIA-810-A Standard set's certain levels for Audio Transmitting and the low Volume you describe may be limited by this standard.

I have quickly tested this in my Lab Setup on a Windows 7 32 Bit Installation running LYNC 4.0.7577.314 and the Volume for the Device used is acceptable.

Have you checked the Device Audio Settings and the Operating System Audio Settings:

(picture may not show up immediately)

CX100_Volume.png

Above shows the Tools = Audio Device Settings Tab and the Windows 7 Mixer Tab.

There is an additional Playback Device Menu within Windows 7 that allows the CX100 to set separate Communications Settings in case another Communication Activity is detected.

CX100_Volume_2.png

CX100_Volume_3.png

Please also remember that the CX100 is not a Conference Device like the CX3000 and you may have a different experience based on the Room Layout.

I would suggest to check against above and confirm your Operating System and LYNC Client Version and if you cannot find a satisfactory solution based on above work with your Polycom Reseller and or Polycom Support.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.