Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone

I have received reports that CX300 users seem quiet to the person on the other end of the call.  I have tested this using a spare CX300, and the volume does indeed seem quiet compared with using a headset.

Changing the microphone volume within the Lync client does not appear to make any difference, and the input volume appears to be set to 100% within the Windows sound control panel.  Increasing the volume using the telephone volume control does appear to increase the volume slightly, however at maximum setting the sound appears to become distorted.

Is this a feature of CX300s or could there something else I haven't checked?  We are using Windows 7 PCs with the CX300s plugged directly into the computer as opposed to via a docking station or USB hub.

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello again everyone

Problem solved!  It transpires that it wasn't so much a case of the user sounding "quiet" to callers, as not being heard at all.  Upon further investigation I discovered that the headset wasn't quite plugged in, and plugging the cable in correctly has resolved the issue.

Just thought I'd let you all know before anyone offered a solution to the now non-exisistent "low volume" problem... 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for getting back and sharing this useful information with the community.

Did you mean the Handset cord was not fully plugged into the CX300 / Handset?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

Yes, the handset cord wasn't fully plugged into the CX300.

Some users have reported that the recess which contains the handset and headset sockets is a little awkward to access, and as a result a user can be under the impression that the handset cord is fully inserted when this is not the case.  Once the cable has been pushed firmly into the socket and has clicked into place the issue is usually resolved.

Kind regards

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.