Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and am looking for some assitance. I have a Polycom CX3000 Lync conference room phone that authenticates to Office 365. When I try to sign in, it tells me I do not have the correct license applied to be able to sign on. I have opened a case with Microsoft and they stated with the newest firmware for the phnoe (.4451), I should be able to sign in with the Lync license I have applied to my account.

My question is how do I go about finding the newest firmware and how do I go about upgrading the phone? Any help or documentation on finding the firmware and helping me install the firmware would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the response from Microsoft about what the new Firmware comes with:

The latest is actually 4451 and I just found the answer to the problem when looking at this KB

August 2014 Cumulative Update for Lync Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, and Polycom CX3000 (KB2988181)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2988181

This cumulative update resolves the following issues:

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2988196/ )

The lock feature does not prevent users from making calls on a Lync Phone Edition telephone

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2988195/ )

Incoming call from a PSTN number is disconnected when you put the call on hold on a Lync Phone Edition telephone

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2988193/ )

Update enables users who are not enabled for UC or EV to sign in to Lync Phone Edition telephone

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2988192/ )

Receive incorrect message when you call a user whose line is busy on a Japanese version of Lync Phone Edition telephone

You need to update the firmware version to 4.0.7577.4451 for this to work without Lync Online Plan 3. To update it you would either need an on-premise Lync 2013 environment to push the update to the phone or contact Polycom directly to see if they can update the phone’s to the latest firmware.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello 2zzgtte,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

The software delivered from our factory is approved by our Partner Microsoft and Polycom does not have a way to upgrade this software in the field as any software upgrade must be provisioned from a compatible Microsoft LYNC server.

Please feel free to communicate this correspondence back to Microsoft so the Microsoft representative who has advised you to contact Polycom can reach out to myself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The problem is that we do not use any On-premise Lync environment. We user the Office365 Lync Online solution. We would need to construct a Lync on-premise server and configure our Active Driectory to reflect that as well and alter our schema. This is not an option. Is there any way I can use a TFTP server to upload the firmware from your site?

HP Recommended

Hello 2zzgtte,

The update process is only possible via a LYNC server and has been designed like this by our Partner Microsoft.

Any other phone from other manufacturers running the optimized for LYNC software works the same way.

There is no FTP/TFTP functionality to upgrade these phones and Microsoft will need to support you on their end in order to be able to utilize these optimized for LYNC phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.