Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

First time posting here, hope I've got it in the right place.

We performed some system maintenance on systems unrelated to our Office Communicator servers, but because several of the Domain Controllers were down for an extended period, we're wondering if that has something to do with this issue.

Several of our staff's phones are no longer connecting via USB.  It doesn't matter if we leave the phone off / unplugged and the PC shut down for 5 minutes - every time they log into their PC, the phone comes up to the login screen and Windows says that a device connected to the PC is unrecognized (the phone in this case). 

I've dealt with certificate issues before, but this one is new to us.  I've noticed that the phones are also a minimum of an hour behind, like they're stuck in the Pacific time zone. 

Any ideas out there?  We refuse to believe that after system maintenance that a number of these phones would just up and die when they had no direct contact with the systems that were down/being worked on over the weekend. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello BenPCO,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that our Partner Microsoft should be contacted for technical support for the CX700 as this is a Hardware that Polycom manufactures on a Reference Design (like the Nortel IP 8540) and all drivers or Operating System Support is delivered and developed by Microsoft.

It is of utter importance that the Phones Time and the Server time are set correctly as a minimum difference can cause issues with the certificate authentication. It is not based on times zones rather than the actual difference of time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

But since the phone itself doesn't have a method to update the time manually, our users are forced to sit there with a non functional phone until the time resyncs itself?  Hardly seems like a solution.

So the bottom line here is that Polycom's forums aren't for users to get help on their own then?  I'll remember that the next time we need to purchase IP phones.

HP Recommended

Hello BenPC,

this was not what I wrote above.

You need to ensure that the Phone receives the DHCP Time Server Information and that the time provided matches the time of the OCS Server.

The CX700 is supported by Microsoft and the question is if you have already contacted Microsoft regarding support for their Call Platform LYNC / OCS?

The drivers for the CX700 are implemented in the LYNC / Office Communicator and are developed by Microsoft.

In addition the Community is not a replacement for the usual Polycom Support Process as you should contact you reseller and / or Polycom Support.

This is outlined => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.