Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a VVX 4XX phone that provisions using the device certificate correctly on an Apache service. In fact all of our VVX and polycom do so. This phone is a PolycomVVX-VVX_401-UA/5.5.0.20556 

I have been trying out the browser on the phone and wanted to secure the web server content using the device certifcate.

I have been unable to do this as the browser simply errors saying TLS/SSL Handshake error. The Apache server reports "SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:peer did not return a certificate No CAs known to server for verification?"

I am using the same provisioning server with the same SSL configuration set to require the client certificates.

I have changed profiles but all seem to be almost the same and the device certificate is enabled on each anyway.

I am assuming that the browser is capable of doing this? The latest documentation implies it can and the fact the SSL profiles include a device certifiate option, it makes me think so.

Is there a different CA I should be using?

all the best

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is a VVX401 so I have updated to the latest 5.5.2 firmware to ensure it is not that causing a problem.

I still have this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Dan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What do you want to actually archive ?

Are you using the Microbrowser on the phone or are you talking about the Web Interface itself when you browse to the IP of the Phone ?

If the Web Browser via IP I suggest you check the "Use Digital Certificates" within the Admin Guide as it explains how to use http://pki.polycom.com/pki

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stefan

As I said the VVX Browser. 

I already have read the 'Use Digital Certificates' document as I explained I already have a working Apache server that the phone communicates to for provisioning.

I want to develop an app that the 'VVX browser' will display. I want the App to be secured using the factory installed polycom device certificate.

So far I haven't been able to get it to work and I now need confirmation from someone that this is possible and/or if anyone else has tried this?

Dan

HP Recommended

Is there any way to get an answer to this question?

Dan

HP Recommended

Hello Dan,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I have tried to find this answer with no luck so far. The only official way would be to open a Support Ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.