Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Someone has locally enabled call forward on no answer to a phone (IP 560) at a remote site. The setting was then saved to the TFTP server in <MAC ADDRESS>-phone.cfg file. 

Is there a way to change this setting remotely?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi epal,

The phone would have created

reg.x.fwd.noanswer.status="1"

in the <MAC>-phone.cfg to enable call no answer call forwarding.

I just tested with one of my phones; you can edit that override file directly to change the "1" to a "0", then save and reboot the phone from the web interface. Currently there is not a 'reboot' button in the web interface, so to do this you'll have to make a change to any setting in the WI, then hit 'submit' to reboot. Once the phone boots up and loads its configuration files, it will read that feature as disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi epal,

The phone would have created

reg.x.fwd.noanswer.status="1"

in the <MAC>-phone.cfg to enable call no answer call forwarding.

I just tested with one of my phones; you can edit that override file directly to change the "1" to a "0", then save and reboot the phone from the web interface. Currently there is not a 'reboot' button in the web interface, so to do this you'll have to make a change to any setting in the WI, then hit 'submit' to reboot. Once the phone boots up and loads its configuration files, it will read that feature as disabled.

HP Recommended

Thanks James. All good now.

I assumed it was going always override the <MAC>-phone.cfg file each time with the settings made locally.  I should've checked this first.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it's working for you. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.