Occasional Visitor
lbertel

Could not contact boot server

I have a set of Soundpoint 450 , one of them keep saying this messages "Could not contact boot server using existing application" . All have the same config so it is related to hardware?

anyway to solve it, i had reset de flash, format file system and install the bootROM again, and it keep displaying the same message and rebooting.

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Could not contact boot server

Hello Ibertel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check the newly created FAQ => here <= and especially this post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Frequent Advisor
Samael

Check your DHCP Server option. If it Custom+Option66, enable DHCP Option66 on your DHCP server, or change to Static.

Occasional Visitor
magilla66

Also - don't forget to check your VLAN ID. If your phone is unable to conact the server, it could be having a hard time communicating its presence to the network properly. Once I changed this (default was blank on a brand new phone out of the box) to my server's VLAN ID, it started downloading a new bootROM, application, etc. like normal.