Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.

This is my attempt at this, so, please be gentle.

I am just trying to put a custom background for all of our VVX 600 phones (software rev. 5.1.2)

I've read plenty of examples, it basically boils down to adding:

bg.color.bm.1.name="filename.png"

bg.color.selection="2,1"

but none of the articles that I read tells me WHERE within the XML element/parameter that I need to put these into...

I've also tried to save the config from the phone's web browser, but then they all showed different XML elements/parameter ...

confused...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello fishtail,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 2, 2012 Question: How can I change the factory provide screen background JPG's?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen.

Thanks for the link...yes, I believe I have studied that article quite a bit.

The things that I struggled with are:

- it looks like, according to the page, that I can only configure the background, but I can't set the background to the phone...this means that once I pushed out the configuration, I still have to go to each phone and set the background manually, right?

- this article still doesn't answer on which section with the CFG file...in the article it showed that the format string should be:

<POLYCOM>
<bg bg.medRes.gray.bm.2.name="NewSailboat256x116.jpg" />
</POLYCOM>

However, if I go to the phone's web interface, Utilities and save and open the PBU file, I see

<PHONE_LOCAL
    bg.color.bm.1.name="mypicture.png"
/>

What do I use "<POLYCOM>" or "<PHONE_CALL"...

I hope this illustrated my confusion/frustration more clearly.

HP Recommended

Hello Fishtail,

I recommend => this <= in regards of answering XML related issues or questions.

The above linked FAQ example shows how to do this for an SPIP450 which does not have a color screen and therefore the attribute used is different than for an VVX for example.

The Admin Guide matching your software also explains this in detail in the Example Graphic Display Background Configuration section.

The easiest way to do this, if my FAQ post is not clear enough, is to add this via the web interface and then select the picture in question and export the configuration.

Simply comparing this with a previosely exported configuration will show the difference.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.