Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello tuanle55,

as explained now on multiple occasions this post is beyond the stage were I can further help you without actually creating the configuration for you.

This community forum is not meant as a official support platform as explained in detail => here <=

I have given you a clear and working example but your replies lack the proper commands and XML formatting nor do you seem to have checked your logs if the changes you have made are actually loaded and applied by the phone.

Please give => this <= document a proper read as I previously pointed you to the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications for further examples.

Please contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support as they can offer chargeable services if you still struggle with this after.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for your attempt to help as you pointed out I failed to realize this isn't really an open forum for open help.  Its not constructive criticism to keep on pushing for commercial support and pointing out my lack of understanding.  If I do understand, I wouldn't be posting in the first place and nobody would be asking questions.  I notice you do that a lot in all your posts.  We get the point. I post all the time on Cisco, Avaya, to Digium forums and either I get help or I don't.  You don't have to mention there's commercial help available CONSTANTLY as we all know that's always an option.

My replies were given with short specific applicable portion.  I particularly do not like people that dump useless configurations and tons of output when posting for help.  I have figured it out enough to get it to do what I need to do with the macros but this thread went rather south to being unhelpful and I think I'm done posting on here again for help.

HP Recommended

Hello tuanle55,

in order to keep the community spirit going and as an example for other users finding this Post via the search functionality I spend a little bit of time for this discontinued SoundPoint running and older Version of SIP 3.1.7 to create a working solution.

There may be other ways and the Admin Guide and the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications and other public Forums hold plenty of examples.

Example Configuration (community_example.zip) attached to this post (Please ensure to use the correct XML formatting)

content of the efk.cfg:

efk.version="2" efk.efklist.1.mname="AstTrans" efk.efklist.1.use.active="1" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="Forum" efk.efklist.1.action.string="#7$Trefer$"

content of the softkey.cfg:

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1" key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.37.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.IP_500.37.subPoint.prim="4" softkey.1.label="Forum"  softkey.1.action="$S4$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1"

content of the MAC-directory.xml (replace with the real mac address of the Phone you would like to apply this to):

<item>

<fn>AstTrans</fn>

<ct>!AstTrans</ct>

<sd>4</sd>

</item>

Above remaps the Transfer Hard Key with Speed Dial 4 that uses the efk functionality to send the #7, in addition is adds a new Softkey (Forum) that has the same effect as the Transfer Hard Key hiding the original Transfer Softkey and moving the new Softkey to the 1st presented Softkey in the Display.

For details on above parameters check the relevant matching Admin Guide => here <=

For further assistance please work with a Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support .

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.