Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to allow 2 people to listen to same conversation

dwc
Occasional Visitor

Easiest way to allow 2 people to listen to same conversation

Hello,

I am an IT guy, but the phones are new to me,

One of my clients has a bunch of phones and wants to know the easiest way to allow 2 employees to listen to same conversation on phone?

I see there is a both a headset, and handset jack on bottom of phones.

Is it is easy as plugging 2 into the bottom of phone or is there more to it?

Thanks

Dan

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Easiest way to allow 2 people to listen to same conversation

Hello Dan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

One output only works at a time. They are not both active at the same time.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
dwc
Occasional Visitor

OK, thanks.

So what is the solution?

Message 3 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Dan,

I can only talk about Polycom solutions within this official Polycom community.

Maybe you can find a 3rd party that produces a splitter or similar.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Valued Contributor

Dan,

A simple Google/Bing search for 'phone headset splitter' will show numerous options.  Having a second person listen/monitor a phone call is a standard training/supervisory function.

JoeV
Message 5 of 7
dwc
Occasional Visitor

Thanks...did not realize it was this simple.  I thought it was all done with a central software management solution and allowing 2 people to hear same calls at their desks.  I just ordered a bunch of those adapters.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Advisor

If you client wants to be wireless while doing these trainings, you can get two wireless headsets that have a built in conference feature. Models like the Discover D901, D902 or D903 allow you to conference up to 3 headsets on a single charging base for this exact purpose. 

Message 7 of 7