Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I am using VVX500 and polycom 450 models.

I am trying to enable Hoteling and ACD feature Syncronisation option in Phone.

I have following configurations:

<polycomConfig>
<feature feature.autoLocalHold=0>;
<feature.hoteling feature.hoteling.enabled=1></hoteling>
<feature.enhancedFeaturekeys feature.enhancedFeaturekeys.enabled=1></enhancedFeaturekeys>
<feature.acdLoginLogout feature.acdLoginLogout.enabled=1></acdLoginLogout>
<feature.acdAgentAvailable feature.acdAgentAvailable.enabled=1></acdAgentAvailable>
<feature.acdPremiumUnavailability feature.acdPremiumUnavailability.enabled=1></acdPremiumUnavailability>
<feature.acdServiceControlUri feature.acdServiceControlUri.enabled=1></acdServiceControlUri.>
</feature>
<hoteling hoteling.reg=1>
</hoteling>

<acd  acd.reg=1 acd.stateAtSignIn=1></acd>
</polycomConfig>

But after this what i am able to achiev is a new section in "Features" named "Hoteling".

In this section i can login using geust Profile or Log out.

But i am not able to anble this Sign in feature on front screen of the Phone.A shown in image attached.

I have to go to Settings->features->Hotelin

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)
g->GuestIn to sign in.

How do i enable it as shown in image?

I am using First line Only for ACD and Hoteling both.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello AK47,

UC Software 5.0.0 is rather old and I suggest to update the VVX via the Web Interface or described method in the FAQ to at least UC Software 5.2.0 or 5.1.3

The configuration would come from the Broadsoft Server and the phone would subscribe to the service and then show the relevant options.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello AK47,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Also the functionality described is for a Broadworks server only so you may want to verify that you are using such server and the relevant software revision of this in addition.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi  SteffenBaierUK

I have these configs on phone.

Phone InformationPhone Model      VVX 500

Part Number                                   3111-44500-001 Rev:A

MAC Address                                  00:04:F2:AC:C6:D4

UC Software                                   Version5.0.0.7250

BootROM Software Version            5.2.0.4086

I wanted to know if i am missing something.Is there anything else required apart from the configuration i have shown?

I am not expecting that averything will work but atleat AsignIn Softkey should be present at the appropriate place after enableing hoteling.That is not what is happening.

HP Recommended

Hello AK47,

UC Software 5.0.0 is rather old and I suggest to update the VVX via the Web Interface or described method in the FAQ to at least UC Software 5.2.0 or 5.1.3

The configuration would come from the Broadsoft Server and the phone would subscribe to the service and then show the relevant options.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks you.

I will try and let you know.

HP Recommended

Hi  SteffenBaierUK

After upgrading firmware to latest version. It works without any change in Configurations.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I seem to have the identical problem in both:

5.5.1 firmware - the latest firmware for VVX phone stream

4.0.11 firmware - the latest firmware for UC (450, 550 etc..) phones stream

The feature itself works through the menu, however the softKey does not show up on the idle LCD screen.

Feature config is as follows:

<feature>
    <feature.acdAgentAvailability feature.acdAgentAvailability.enabled="1" />
    <feature.acdLoginLogout feature.acdLoginLogout.enabled="1" />
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />
    <feature.hoteling feature.hoteling.enabled="1" />
  </feature>

<hoteling hoteling.reg="1"></hoteling>

<flexibleSeating hoteling.reg="1" fs.unLockPhone.pin="" hotelingMode.type="1" />

I tried variuos combinations of variables:

Enable/Disable ACD

Enable/Disable EFK

Remove/Add flexibleSeating tag

Is there any suggestion you can provide?

Thank you in adavnce.

HP Recommended

Hello Alex_A,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This post is over 2 years old and the original poster marked it as solved by upgrading to an unknown software version.

You vae so far not even posted your current SIP server so I am unable to verify if the feature you are trying is even supported by the server.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

We would need to see a log or a wireshark trace showing the Phone subscribing to these services if they are correctly configured.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.