Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[Engineering Advisory] Calls from a Polycom® SoundStation IP 6000 with a 64:16 MAC Address Prefix

[ Edited ]

Calls from a Polycom® SoundStation IP 6000 with a 64:16 MAC Address Prefix Fail

NOTE: Other Polycom Phone models utilizing the below mentioned Software Versions with the new MAC address Range may also be affected and should be updated accordingly.

This engineering advisory provides a solution to an issue that causes calls made from Polycom® SoundStation IP 6000 phones with MAC addresses (also called serial numbers) starting with “64:16:xx:xx:xx:xx” to fail.

About This Issue

The SoundStation IP 6000 with MAC addresses starting with “64:16” and on specific versions of Polycom UC Software fail to make calls as expected. This issue results from a dependency of a software feature on the MAC address that causes the phone to generate non-unique SIP call-IDs, tags, and branch-ID.

Phones with this issue experience call failures (immediate or partial), registration, and transfer and hold problems.

Identifying Affected Phones

This issue is observed on SoundStation IP 6000 and other phones with MAC addresses ranging from 64167f050000 to 64167F0538CF AND running one the following Polycom UC Software GA or patched versions

Update UC Software Versions

Impacted UC Software Versions
Recommended UCS Verisons
Notes
UCS 4.0.7
UCS 4.0.7 Rev I   

UCS 4.0.8
UCS 4.0.8 Rev H
Revised shipping configuration for SPIP and SSIP phones
UCS 4.0.9
UCS 4.0.9 Rev N

UCS 4.0.10
UCS 4.0.10 Rev D  

UCS 4.1.6
UCS 4.1.6 Rev R  

UCS 4.1.7
UCS 4.1.7 Rev G  
Revised shipping configuration for VVX phones
UCS 4.1.8
UCS 4.1.8 Rev G  
Latest available release for UCS 4.1.x stream
UCS 5.2.0
UCS 5.2.0 Rev AG

UCS 5.2.2
UCS 5.2.2 Rev R  

UCS 5.2.4
UCS 5.2.4 Rev D  

UCS 5.2.5
UCS 5.2.5 Rev C
Latest available release for UCS 5.2.x stream
UCS 5.3.0
UCS 5.3.0 Rev L

UCS 5.3.2
UCS 5.3.2 Rev C

UCS 5.3.3
UCS 5.3.3 Rev C
Latest available release for UCS 5.3.x stream
UCS 5.4.1
UCS 5.4.1 Rev F

UCS 5.4.2
UCS 5.4.2 Rev DE

UCS 5.4.3
UCS 5.4.3 Rev D

UCS 5.4.4
UCS 5.4.4 Rev E

To see if your phone has the issue, check if your phone has a MAC Address in the identified range and ifit is running an affected Polycom UC Software version.

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.