Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Extra ringer for VVX 300

Is there any way to have only ringing function in another room from VVX 300? We have small office with phone, but large venue where ringtones needs to be heard.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Extra ringer for VVX 300

Hello Juha,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Within this community we can only advise you what Polycom products you can use. The above allows you to "load" and extra loud ringtone. If this is not sufficient you may need another phone or a 3rd party solution which we cannot provide advise on.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

So you only give answers which you can read from manuals only?

Can you make headset ring? Do headset and phone ring same time?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Juha,

As this is the official Polycom community run and moderated by Polycom employees we can only advise you on Polycom products that we manufacture.

We cannot advise you on 3rd party products.

The Phone can only terminate the ringer on one location. This is either the speaker or the headset but not both at the same time.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Visitor

ALGO makes some nice SIP ringers.  They configure as another sip extension, then you could just create a ring group for those two extensions and both your phone and ALGO ringer would ring at the same time.  The ALGO could be placed in another location that had PoE, etc.