Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

below is a quick question and answer section covering the feature request reply given in post's.

Question:  How can I request a change in Polycom’s Software?

Answer: In order to request a change to the Polycom SIP / UCS Software a Feature Request is needed.

Question:  How can I raise a Feature Request?

Answer:  An End Customer is unable to raise this directly with Polycom.

Question: Who can raise a Feature Request for me?

Answer:  Your Polycom Reseller needs to work with a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Question: What do I need to provide to my Reseller in order to justify the feature request?

Answer:  A business case describing the impact of the unavailability of a certain feature including the amount of the affected handset’s.

Question: Will this be implemented in a future Software Version immediately once submitted?

Answer: A possible implementation into a future current or older SIP / UCS Versions needs to be valued against the impact and the feasibility of the proposed change.

Question: Why do I have to follow this process?

Answer: Polycom offers several Endpoints and in order to maintain supportability and backwards compatibility these changes need to be carefully planned. The Endpoints are not all based on the same hardware platform so several separate OS versions need to be maintained and supported.

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.