Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

[ Edited ]

The Polycom Admin Guide provides details on the Factory Default Options

NOTE: Please be aware that Polycom does not provide a public guide on how to reset the Administrator password (456) if this has been changed as also explained => here <= !

Depending on the SIP / UC Software Version of the Phone there are multiple Options that can be considered.

If you need to remove the resource files from a phone at some later date, for example, you are giving the phone to a new user, instructions on how to put the phone into the factory default state can be found in “Quick Tip 18298: Resetting and Rebooting Polycom Phones“ => here <=.

Option 1 via the Phone GUI:

Restore.PNG

NOTE: The above is only possible using UC Software 4.0.0 or later!

Option 2 via the Phone GUI:

The Phones GUI can be used to reset certain Sections of the Phones Configuration / Filesystem

Press the Menu Key:

Reset_2_Defaults1.png

Select Settings

Reset_2_Defaults2.png

Select Advanced (Password 456)

Reset_2_Defaults3.png

Select Admin Settings

Reset_2_Defaults4.png

Select Reset to Defaults

Reset_2_Defaults6.png

Explanation of the individual Options:

Resetting to Factory Defaults / Reset Device Settings

The basic network configuration referred to in the subsequent sections can be reset to factory defaults using a menu selection from the Advanced Settings menu or using a multiple key combination described in Multiple Key Combinations.

NOTE: Above only reset's the Phones Network Settings!

Reset Local Configuration

To clear the Phones Configuration that has been changed using the Phones GUI.
Changes are usually written to the Provisioning Server as a <mac>-phone.cfg (depending on the Phone Software!)

NOTE: If there is no Provisioning Server the Phone will still hold this Information and it takes precedence over the configuration files!

Reset Web Configuration

To clear the Phones Configuration that has been changed using the Phones Web Interface.

Changes are usually written to the Provisioning Server as a <mac>-web.cfg (depending on the Phone Software!)

NOTE: If there is no Provisioning Server the Phone will still hold this Information and it takes precedence over the configuration files!

Format File System

To clear the phones’ memory and will require to download the Phones Software from a Provisioning Server.

Reset to Factory (Only UC Software 4.0.0 or later!)

Above clears the flash parameters and removes log files, user data, and cached data.

Option 3 via the Multiple Key combination:

Rebooting the Phone

Rebooting the phone downloads new software and new configuration files if they exist on the provisioning server.

You can use a multiple key combination to reboot your phone. Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously until you hear a confirmation tone (for about three seconds):

• IP 321, 331, 335: Volume-, Volume+, Hold, and Handsfree
  • IP 450, 550, 560, and 650: Volume-, Volume+, Mute, and Messages
  • IP 6000: *, #, Volume+, and Select
  • IP 5000,700 and SoundStation Duo: *, #, Volume-, and Volume+
  • VVX 1500: Delete, Volume-, Volume+, and Select
  • VVX 500, VVX 600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 0, 1, and 3 dial pad keys.
  • VVX 300, 310, 400, 410: dial pad keys 0, 1, and 3 while the phone is off hook

Resetting to Factory Defaults:

NOTE: Please be aware that Polycom does not provide a public guide on how to reset the Administrator password (456) if this has been changed as also explained => here <= !

Resetting the phone to factory defaults clears the flash parameters and removes log files, user data, and cached data.

You can use a multiple key combination to reset your phone to the factory defaults.

Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays:

• SoundPoint IP 550, 560, and 650, and VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8, and * dial pad keys

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, SoundStation 5000 , 7000 and SoundStation Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

• SoundStation IP 6000: 6, 8, and * dial pad key

• VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500,VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

Since UCS 3.3.0 and the introduction of the Updater the starting of the Application has to be canceled:

CancelBootup_01.PNG

• Now press the Cancel Softkey

CancelBootup_02.PNG

• Do not press Setup but press the matching multiple key combination below instead

• SoundPoint IP 550, 560, and 650, and VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8, and * dial pad keys

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, SoundStation 5000 and Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

• SoundStation IP 6000: 6, 8, and * dial pad key

• VVX 300, 310, 400, 410: dial pad keys 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

• VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500, VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

The following prompt will appear:

CancelBootup_03.PNG 

Above now requires the Admin password 456.

Note: If the Admin Password has been changed Polycom support needs to be consulted as we do not publicly provide the information on how to reset this!

NOTE: Before UC Software 4.0.0, this multiple key combination performed a device reset only, clearing the flash parameters and deleting all log files.

For more or different combinations or older phone types please consult your matching admin guide.

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [FAQ] How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Factory Restore a RealPresence Trio 8800 or RealPresence Visual+

TrioReset.png

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.