Visitor
kevin_pattison

Forgotten admin password for SoundStation IP 5000

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I'm an idiot, I know, but I set up a complex admin password for my SoundStation IP 5000 and I've forgotten it! How can I factory reset the phone without the password? Removed by Mod

Kevin Pattison

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Forgotten admin password for SoundStation IP 5000

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As declared already in other multiple posts nobody in this community will post how to reset the password or a Polycom moderator will remove the reply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Visitor
kevin_pattison

Okay, that's fair enough. I have been in touch with my provider and I'm a lot further down the route to fixing this now, but I have another issue with provisioning.

I have successfully got the phone contacting a provisining server internally and I have uploadd the 4.0.2 RevB Combined firmware onto it. The phone successfully updated to this but I'm also trying to upload a new site.cfg file.

It's downloading the file but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Do you know what I could be doing wrong?

SteffenBaierUK

Hello Kevin,

have a look via the Web Interface and check the log:

Diagnostics > View & Download Logs

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Visitor
kevin_pattison

Thanks Steffen,

Unfortunately I can't access the web interface until after I change the password, which is why I'm trying to upload the file! The phone is however uploadign it's logs to the provisioning FTP server, so I have the app and boot ogs files, but they don't seem to have any reference to the site.cfg file.

Kevin

SteffenBaierUK

Kevin,

you did not provide the follow up information that you where still unable to access the Admin Menu.

If there is no reference to the site.cfg then the file is not loaded.

Please check the FAQ as it explains how to utilize the mac.cfg / 000000000000.cfg to load configuration files.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware: