Occasional Visitor
pmbadmin

IP 335 only rings in headset, will not ring on speaker

I have a switchvox pbx (version 5.1.2) with a dozen IP 335 phones.  They have all been provisioned from the switchvox server.

One of the phones will not ring through the speaker on the phone.  It will only ring through the headset if you plug one in.  I have been through the configuration screens for ring tone, ringer volume, headset memory mode, etc.  There is no apparent difference in the configuration between the ones that ring properly and the one that does not ring.

Also, the phone does not even play the welcome sound when it finishes booting.

I have already searched through the faq and haven't found anything quite like this.  Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing here?  Some configuration item somewhere must be different.

Thanks

Gerald

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: IP 335 only rings in headset, will not ring on speaker

Hello pmbadmin,

welcome to Polycom Community.

Do you mean the incoming call audible ringing is not played via the Speaker in the Phone?

Can you utilize the Loud Speaker to hear the Dial Tone or enter the Settings menu and change the Ring tone and is that played via the Speaker?

If yes you may have setup a Headset mode on the Phone.

If no then I can only advise you to work with your reseller and / or Polcyom Support to find out if the Loudspeaker is defective.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.