Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a switchvox pbx (version 5.1.2) with a dozen IP 335 phones.  They have all been provisioned from the switchvox server.

One of the phones will not ring through the speaker on the phone.  It will only ring through the headset if you plug one in.  I have been through the configuration screens for ring tone, ringer volume, headset memory mode, etc.  There is no apparent difference in the configuration between the ones that ring properly and the one that does not ring.

Also, the phone does not even play the welcome sound when it finishes booting.

I have already searched through the faq and haven't found anything quite like this.  Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing here?  Some configuration item somewhere must be different.

Thanks

Gerald

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello pmbadmin,

welcome to Polycom Community.

Do you mean the incoming call audible ringing is not played via the Speaker in the Phone?

Can you utilize the Loud Speaker to hear the Dial Tone or enter the Settings menu and change the Ring tone and is that played via the Speaker?

If yes you may have setup a Headset mode on the Phone.

If no then I can only advise you to work with your reseller and / or Polcyom Support to find out if the Loudspeaker is defective.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.