Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am running UC Software 4.0.7 on an IP 650 and connected a Polycom SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Module.

The module is powered, boots up and shows the contacts but has very low contrast and can barely be read. The contrast cannot be adjusted using the phone menu. The problem occurs with and without backlight (see images below).

http://www.stefan.de/tmp/ip650_expansion.jpg

http://www.stefan.de/tmp/ip650_expansion_backlit.jpg

I have tried this setup with three different IP 650 phones and two different expansion modules.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello srt,

as already discussed via Email I was mistaken and there is actually a contrast option on the module itself.

Please see the below illustration:

On the phone press 'Menu' then Select 'Settings' > 'Basic' > 'Contrast'

The above will be displayed for the main phone and each attached module and can be individually adjusted.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello srt,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

A few questions:

• Are these new modules or older modules ?
  • Did this ever work ?
  • Is the phone powered via PoE or local Power Supply?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Steffen,

Thanks for your quick reply. Both modules are new.

Regarding your questions:

• The one I am currently testing is from 09/2014 (the other one has already been returned because I assumed a hardware defect).
  • It has never worked.
  • The phones are usually powered via PoE but I used a power brick for direct power supply for one of the phones to make sure the issue is not caused by that.

HP Recommended

In the meantime I have updated to 4.0.8 without any difference.

Is it possible that both expansion modules are defect?

HP Recommended

Hello srt,

thsi would be highly unlikely but we would need to get these units back into our Lab. Your reseller should be able to contact our support Team and no use the official RMA as these would be returned to the factory.

Please make the reseller aware of this post so they can arrange this with support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I can return the device to the reseller but I doubt they will take any extra route to handle this.

Are there any other options like sending it directly to your lab?

Best regards,

Stefan

HP Recommended

Hello srt,

as already discussed via Email I was mistaken and there is actually a contrast option on the module itself.

Please see the below illustration:

On the phone press 'Menu' then Select 'Settings' > 'Basic' > 'Contrast'

The above will be displayed for the main phone and each attached module and can be individually adjusted.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, this solved my problem! The default contrast was so low that I missed these buttons on the module.

If you want to further improve the customer experience you could

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.