Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi, i am using dhcp option 66 to provide a url to the polycom to get its config. i have many other phones all working this way, but no other polycom. the polycom boots but gives this error

0516200947|cfg |4|03|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed

i have done a packet capture. the packet capture shows the polycom does try to connect to our pbx on the correct port but i think it is not accepting our ssl cert. We are using a wildcard cert issued by NetworkSolutions (NOT self-signed). I can provide the packet capture and phone logs.

why does the phone not accept our cert?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Flightline,

I corrected / updated the FA. I suggest you check the provisioning part for the Common Name Validation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Flightline,

welcome to the Polycom Community. We do not officially support Wildcard Cerificates.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 04, 2016 Question:Do Polycom phones support wildcard certificates?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

The next step would be to contact the WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD as they sold this phone back in 04/01/2017 and are your Tier 1 support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your quick response.  I am a little confused by your reply.  you say they are not officially supported, but the link you sent me to says that UC4.0.0 does support them.....so are they supported?  I am on UC 4.0.8, so that should work?

it is saying that settings need to be changed for it to work?  which ones?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Flightline,

I corrected / updated the FA. I suggest you check the provisioning part for the Common Name Validation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

thanks, one other question, in  which config file are the following found, i do not see them

device.sec.TLS.prov.strictCertCommonNameValidation
sec.TLS.SIP.strictCertCommonNameValidation

thanks again

HP Recommended

Hello Flightline,

• device.sec.TLS.prov.strictCertCommonNameValidation is part of the site.cfg file

• sec.TLS.SIP.strictCertCommonNameValidation is also part of the site.cfg

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.