Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

When   attempted to transfer a call , IP650 does not take the first key stroke.

For example to transfer to extension  101  when 1 is pressed after pressing the transfer soft key it does not show on the display.

When pressed again it shows up and I could continute presseing rest of the digits and complete the transfer.

Replaced the phone and it did not fix it.

Same type of configuration works on other 650's in the network.

Thanks,

Kumudu

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Kumudu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are the 2 Phones in a different Network/Building ?

I would suggest to set SIP and KEYS Logging Levels to 2 and then try and reproduce the issue and force to upload the logs to the provisioning server. You can then check the -app-now.log and boot-now.log's on the server if the 1st Key press was recognized by the phone but maybe rejected by the server.

Details on how to archive this should be easily found in the Community Forum and/or the Admin Guide. 

Without knowing more details about the Software Version running on the phones troubleshooting for community member is difficult and you may want to consider contacting your Polycom Reseller if the units are still within warranty or work with Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident).

Best regards 

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thanks a lot!

Both the phones are connected to the same Dell 5324 POE switch.

Although the switch is POE the phone has a power cube connected as well.

I configured another phone with the same lines in my lab and went to the customer site and replaced the bad phone.

It worked fine for couple of days and the problem came back.

I brought up the bad phone in my lab and the problem could be reproduced.

Then I deleted the phone and re-configured it and so far has not been able to reproduce the issue.

I worked on a Polycom PPI ticket which involved a Dell POE switch (# 1-72882611) which never got resolved.

The conclusion was the Dell switch does not support IEEE 802.af.

I will try what you suggested and will replace the  Dell switch with a non POE Cisco switch as well.

Best Regards,

Kumudu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.