Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have 7 Soundpoint IP650's in my office. Recently I've added links to the microbrowser home and idle fields by connecting to the phones via a webbrowser. 3 of the IP650's won't remember these settings, after rebooting the settingfields are empty and no idle and homescreen is displayed.

All the phones are running on the same firmware 3.2.2. I've tried running newer firmware, and reinstalling the current firmware. Resetting the device settings to default doesn't help either.

Does anyone have a similar problem and/or is there a known solution?

Regards,

Maarten

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Marten,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How do you provision these Phones?

Do you have mac_address_of_the_phone-phone.cfg and or mac_address_of_the_phone-web.cfg Files in the provisioning directory and what is the content?

Is there by any chance mb.idleDisplay.home or mb.main.home with an empty content or wrong URL?

I would suggest you use FTP Provisioning if not yet setup and check the mac_address_of_the_phone-app.log and mac_address_of_the_phone-boot.log for any errors.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for the reply and welcome.

I provision the phones via DHCP option 66 pointing to our Broadsoft PBX provider's FTP.

I've checked mac_address-phone.cfgmac_address-web.cfg does not exist on the server.

The file does not contain any refference to mb.idleDisplay.home or mb.main.home at all.

In the log files I don't see anything about the microbrowser. To be sure I will add the URL to

the microbrowser again, reboot, then check the logfiles. I'll report back on this.

Regards,

Maarten

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I've changed the logging levels of the IP650 via a webbrowser, applied the settings, phone rebooted.

I then added URL's to the micrbrowser home and idle fields, applied the settings, phone rebooted.

The log file on the FTP remained unchanged after both reboots. After inspecting the phone the changes

I made to the logging levels and the microbrowser settings are both gone. They seem to be reset to what

they where before the changes.

Again the provisioning files on the server mention nothing about the microbrowser/main/idle.

I'm at a loss.

Regards,

Maarten

HP Recommended

Hello Maarten,

I have not heard of this yet.

Are you sure you are allowing the Phone to upload any changes to the FTP Provisioning Server or are you using TFTP instead?

In addition the SIP 3.2.2 has been superseded by SIP 3.2.5 if you need to stay on this release chain or you could upgrade to the UCS 3.3.2 or if you or your reseller have access to the Polycom Portal go straight to the latest UCS 4.0.0.

If you upgrade to any UCS Version please ensure you read this document => here , here and here <= 

If you do not wish to upgrade and other members of the community have no further suggestions helping you to troubleshoot 

you may want to consider contacting your Polycom Reseller if the units are still within warranty or work with Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident).

Best regards 

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.